According to reports, Cardano has entered a collaborative process with Konfidio. The Zug-based Cardano Foundation made the announcement on August 15. The platform revealed that it had entered a strategic partnership with the Berlin-based Blockchain firm, Konfidio. This is yet another milestone for the Cardano Blockchain as it pushes for more adoption and use cases.
Cardano (ADA) Price Today – ADA / USD
What we know About Both Firms
Concerning the two firms involved in the accord, the development of Cardano’s platform is actually determined by the below organizations:
- The Cardano Foundation: this arm is responsible for overseeing the development of Cardano itself and its ecosystem. It also oversees the protection and promotion of Cardano, along with advocating on for users and the Cardano community.
- Input Output HK (IOHK): this arm holds the responsibility of designing and building the Cardano platform.
- Emurgo: this is the for-profit arm of the Cardano Foundation. Its responsibility involves working to improve Cardano’s ecosystem by means of commercial initiatives.
All in all, the primary responsibilities of the Cardano Foundation include driving the adoption of Cardano itself, growing the global Cardano community, shaping legislation and commercial standards for the network, making sure of stakeholder accountability, and pushing for strategic partnerships.
As for Konfidio, Cardano’s new strategic partner, the company was founded in 2016. Konfidio is Berlin-based firm. It is a Germany based Blockchain expert. Hence, Konfidio can be described as:
- A Blockchain accelerator solution which is known as KAP.
- A Blockchain venture studio that has ventures ranging from decentralized energy platforms to micro-insurance to platforms. Both or all of which are using the Kstack-based technology in house”
What you need to know about the Partnership
Speaking via a blog post that was published on August 15, 2019, Bakyt Azimkanov, who serves as Cardano’s Communications and Marketing Director, said that the primary purpose of the new partnership between Konfidio and Cardano is “to integrate Blockchain models with corporations.
It is also to push for Blockchain technology in SMEs (small and medium enterprises) and governments.”
Furthermore, the Cardano executive said the Cardano Foundation is hoping that this new partnership will focus on only real-world business cases that affect the “banking, logistics, and trade as well as pharmaceutical industries. Azimkanov claims the remaining options, that is the government and public service options for use cases will follow.”
Another Cardano executive also weighed in on the latest development with the network and Konfidio. The Chairperson of the Cardano Foundation, Nathan Kaiser, had this to say on the matter:
“Cardano’s new strategic partnership with Konfidio shows that we have now made another tangible step towards the promotion and advocacy of Cardano. More importantly, this accord will ensure that we drive the real-life use cases of Cardano. Konfidio’s base, Berlin, remains a major Blockchain center around the globe. Its worldwide relevance will assist us in putting the spotlight on the Cardano platform. The collaboration will also give the Cardano Foundation increased visibility in Europe. Especially in countries like Germany.”
Dr. Mervyn G. Maistry, Konfidio’s Co-Founder and CEO stated:
“After researching the Turing-complete Blockchain’s, we agree that the third generation Blockchain of Cardano should be best-placed to make sure of stability and the business continuity of real-life models. We are working to ensure that this strategic partnership with Cardano will help push for the development of Cardano-based applications”.